- Topics Promotional Methods
The emphasis on content and influencer marketing is larger than ever at CJ Affiliate, and CJU17 will be the perfect reflection of that!
More than 30 content publishers of all shapes and sizes will be in attendance at CJU17, ready to strengthen existing partnerships and start new ones. From tech reviewers, to lifestyle influencers, to the biggest names in print—get ready to meet them all.
Content Ambassador Sponsors
A big thanks to 2017’s Content Ambassador Sponsors, who make it possible for 20 publishers to attend CJU:
The sponsorship is a vital part in bringing these publishers to CJU, where they can understand the true value affiliate offers to strengthen their business.
Learn about Commerce Content
As publishers experiment with the role of affiliate in content, one of the trends that is establishing itself as a powerful monetization strategy is Commerce Content. Publishers are now building dedicated teams to research and recommend the best deals and products that fit the specific needs and interests of their audiences. In this way, they are able to capitalize on their readers’ loyalty and engagement to present advertisers with opportunities to not only drive topline sales, but also to grow their new customer base.
On Wednesday, September 13 at CJU17, our Director of Publisher Business Development, Leilani Han, will present Commerce Content in Affiliate: An Insider’s View. This panel will feature the exciting opportunities available in Commerce Content with the inside scoop from some of the biggest publishers in the space, including Business Insider, The Wirecutter, and CNN. Find out how they make Commerce Content work, understand their unique needs in affiliate, and how you can optimize in the space.
Tips for Successful Meetings at CJU17
Are you meeting with Content Publishers at CJU17? Here’s a few things to keep in mind when you take meetings.
- Content publishers may be limited in the amount of editorial coverage that can use for affiliate relationships. Ask about where content will appear and how they plan pieces.
- While Commerce Content is thriving, many content relationships rarely promote coupons or sales. Be ready to discuss both a promotional and a non-promotional strategy, and explain how your product/service is a fit for the publisher’s unique audience.
- Content publishers plan content around their audience, not around their relationships. But you may be able to get prioritized coverage for a flat fee. Talk to publishers about their sponsored content opportunities and know up front whether you’ll have a budget for content placements.
- Let publishers know if you can provide products or access to services to content publishers in exchange for a review.
CJU17 is the perfect time to start working on your content strategy through the holidays and 2018!