The 9th annual AffiliateBenchmarks Survey—the largest independent study of the affiliate marketing industry—just released its 2016 results! Nearly 1,800 industry professionals were surveyed in an effort to provide our community of partners with trends and data to help drive the affiliate marketing industry forward.
Affiliate Marketing Success
The findings from the advertiser survey suggest that the affiliate marketing channel is performing well, and will continue to see steady growth in the future. Some highlights include:
- 80% of advertisers plan to increase their affiliate marketing budget next year or keep it the same (question 5)
- 27.4% of advertisers credit 21% or more of their sales generated through paid online marketing to affiliate marketing. 25.9% contribute 11-20% to affiliate. (question 7)
- 67.5% of advertisers note that coupon sites play a valuable role in their affiliate programs. (question 13)
There were some interesting findings from the publisher survey as well:
- 50% of publishers work with both B2B and B2C advertisers (question 9)
- 68.2% of publishers use Facebook to drive traffic to their site, while 62.4% use SEO (question 10)
- 62.6% of publishers find content to be most valuable when promoting an affiliate program and 44% find coupons & discounts most valuable (question 11)
CJ Affiliate Success
The insightful findings about the industry as a whole can really help advertisers and publishers plan their affiliate programs moving forward. We were also excited to find that in regards to individual networks, 67.8% of Advertisers choose to work with CJ Affiliate and 53% of Publishers selected CJ Affiliate as their preferred network—more than any other network combined!
As we find ourselves deep in the season of giving thanks, we’d like to continue this sentiment, and express our sincere gratitude for selecting CJ Affiliate as your #1 network of choice, for both Advertisers and Publishers. We wish you continued success this holiday season and through 2017.