The era of cross-device is here.
Time spent on mobile devices has increased to the point where, in many markets, the audience reach of mobile devices exceeds that of desktops. Last year, the reach of mobile devices into US digital retail shopping audiences was 90%, compared to 76% reach on desktops (ComScore). Cross-Device tracking solves for the tracking of sales that originate on one device or browser and complete on another, offering more insight into the customer’s path to purchase and new opportunities to develop customer-focused strategies.
To help our clients optimize within the cross-device landscape, CJ Affiliate has created the Cross-Device Intelligence Report. This report highlights:
- Key strategies for engaging with shoppers across devices
- How cross-device shopping changes by the day of week
- Differences in time to conversion for one-device and cross-device sales
- Benchmarks for Advertisers and Publishers on the share of sales by device path
Our newly released Cross-Device Intelligence Report lays out strategies on how to optimize cross-device sales in your affiliate marketing program, such as:
- Tie together the data to achieve targeted selling. Affiliate marketers with Cross-Device tracking in place have the upper hand in terms of customer journey data. Cross-device insights should be harnessed to align channel investment with channel performance.
- Create strategies and set growth goals for cross-device sales in your program. Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that cross-device sales don’t deserve their own strategies and goals. Both Advertisers and Publishers should approach cross-device sales with an eye toward growth and set monthly and quarterly targets by which they measure success.
- Collaborate to develop marketing which leverages customer audience knowledge. Marketing to cross-device shoppers presents an opportunity for Advertisers and Publishers to take the historic collaboration in the affiliate channel to a whole new level. Transparency on the part of Advertisers and Publishers is the best way to put this collective knowledge to work in order to achieve a shared goal.
For all the cross-device insights and benchmarks, download the full Cross-Device Intelligence Report below.