For most publishers, a true affiliate partnership goes further than just sharing links or banners on their sites—they offer a myriad of creative and strategic promotional options to increase exposure and reach their audience in new and exciting ways.
However, sharing all you have to offer with advertisers can be a manual and time-consuming process. CJ's Placements Marketplace to the rescue!
The Placements Marketplace, accessible in your CJ Publisher Account via the Placements tab, is a simple way to share your rate card or media kit with advertisers across the CJ network. Get discovered, spark new relationships, and earn more revenue by uploading opportunities into the Placements Marketplace.
What is a Placement?
For those that aren't familiar with this bit of affiliate terminology, a placement, (also referred to as a paid placement, or placement opportunity) is any option that you're offering to advertisers in exchange for payment to give them increased exposure on your site, app, newsletter, or social media. Payment for placements is usually negotiated as an additional boost such as a commission increase, product exchange, and/or lump sum payment (also referred to as flat-rate, flat spend, or bonus).
Wondering what a placement might look like? Here's a list of the most common ones. Note that your offerings will vary based on your promotional methods and should cater to what resonates best with your audience. This is by no means a definitive list—placements are only limited by your imagination!
- Homepage placement: placement on the first page in the navigation of a publisher's site that appears above the fold and gives an immediate visual.
- Event page: A page within a publisher's site focused on an event (Extra Cash Back), seasonal shopping period (Back to School), or Holiday (Mother's Day).
- Category page: Placement on the category page of a publisher's site that most directly applies to the advertiser.
- Mobile app placement: Placement on a publisher's mobile app.
- Newsletter feature: A placement in a direct email sent to a publisher's mailing list.
- Sponsored blog post: A dedicated blog post that utilizes brand assets and/or custom photography, and storytelling to convey brand messaging.
- Sponsored gift guide: Inclusion of a chosen product into a seasonal gift guide.
- Social post: Promotion of a brand on one or many of a publisher's social media channels, often with custom creative.
How to Upload a Placement Opportunity or Rate Card into the Placements Marketplace
Uploading opportunities into the Placements Marketplace is easy (and dare we say addictive?) With tons of options for customization, your listing will contain all the important details of your opportunity and display it in a way that is visible and searchable for advertisers.
- From the dashboard of your CJ Publisher Account, navigate to the Placements tab and select Opportunities from the drop-down.
- If this is your first placement, click the Create Content button. If you have previously offered placements, click the Create Opportunity button.
- Choose to create a listing for a single placement, a package, or a full rate card.
- Title your placement and decide who to show it to: All Advertisers, Joined Advertisers, or Specified Advertisers.
- Walk through the remaining steps to customize your placement listing: choose a time frame, seasonal event, placement type, and deliverables. Then outline any creative specifications, and add your price range. You can also upload supporting documents, add notes, and supply your best contact information.
- Submit! Your placement is now available in the Placements Marketplace and ready to be discovered by advertisers across the CJ network.
For step-by-step instructions and more information about getting started with the Placements Marketplace, read this Support Center Article (note that you must be logged into your CJ account to view), or watch our walkthrough video.
With Q4 just around the corner, don’t miss out on showcasing all you have to offer in our placement discovery platform—upload your rate card to the Placements Marketplace today!