Growth. Data. Partnerships. People. Collaboration. These words encapsulate the drive, assets, talent, and skills from which CJ’s many accomplishments in 2019 derived and are the backbone of all that we hope to accomplish together in 2020.
Before we say, “Au revoir!” “Auf wiedersehen!” and “Ciao!” to 2019, let’s look back at some of the many wins CJ celebrated this year:
- With the highest number of IR Top 1,000 clients, this November, CJ was ranked the #1 Affiliate Marketing Vendor in Internet Retailer’s 2020 Leading Vendors report. We are proud to be an innovation leader in the performance marketing industry for 21 years and to have been there every step of the way as affiliate has evolved to become a leading channel for customer acquisition and growth.
- On the heels of this news, came another important win: CJ advertisers this Cyber Monday (Dec. 2) experienced unprecedented YOY revenue growth. The global network’s retail revenue increased 51%, exceeding the growth reported by both Adobe, Channel Advisor, and eMarketer. As a result, holiday sales in the global network are on track to exceed eMarketer’s 15% YOY growth forecast for holiday season online sales.
When reviewing our data-derived accomplishments, it became apparent that many of our greatest achievements in 2019 stem from CJ’s strong Data Science and Product teams:
- Proving Affiliate’s Value. In our latest whitepaper, CJ revealed that affiliate shoppers drive 88% more revenue. Our study of affiliate incrementality, which is the largest ever conducted, used the test and control methodology and a population of 20.2M shoppers to measure the incremental value that the affiliate channel delivers to brands. Check out the findings summarized in the “Affiliate is Incremental” infographic released this month.
- CJ’s Insights platform now has two dashboards to satisfy all your data needs—leverage the Program Overview Dashboard and the (new!) Performance Dashboard. Our new state of the art Performance Dashboard gives you the ability to analyze complex, multi-dimensional data sets with ease, so you can spend less time reporting, and more time identifying and acting on opportunities for growth.
- CJ's Situational Commissioning solution is a powerful, rule-based commissioning solution that allows advertisers to build and reward on high-value commissioning scenarios based on order attributes unique to their business. We’ve enhanced our platform to include order-level attributes in program terms, commission detail reporting, our commission detail API, and in Insights.
CJ’s insights and data also played a role in the thought leadership that our staff contributed to 21+ industry articles, including topics on:
Our industry is fueled by productive partnerships and in 2019 there were many opportunities to celebrate at CJ-hosted regional events as well as at our annual conference, CJU:
- New York City: Our largest regional event to date, this lively meet-up hosted a panel discussion with thought leaders Condé Nast, Avon, and Discovery Inc. and cocktails at CloudM New York Bowery (May)
- Dallas: CJ-moderated fireside chat with publisher RevLifter and advertiser Kendra Scott at Bourbon & Banter (Feb)
- CJU19 in Santa Barbara, CA. With 1,000+ attendees, main stage sessions, small group trainings, round tables and with soccer legend and champion Abby Wambach as our keynote, CJU19 received endless praise from clients and was once again rated a world-class event.
2019 was also a year of many exciting professional highlights for the people that make CJ Affiliate a great place for both clients and staff:
- Siobhan Williamson and Victoria Prince were ranked in the PerformanceIN 50 as top marketing industry professionals. Siobhan is CJ’s Business Operations Director in the EU overseeing an international team from CJ’s London office. She impressed the audiences at PI Live this past October at a standing-room only presentation, “Measuring Affiliate Customer Value. The What. The Why. The ROI.” (Watch the video). Victoria, a Client Development Director based in Atlanta, oversees a diverse portfolio of clients and was recognized for talents leading a team to “set and accomplish metric-driven goals.”
- Corinne Travis, CJ’s Influencer Marketing expert who spearheaded the creation of CJ’s VIP Influencer Campaign service, made the list of Talking Influence’s Influencer 50, which recognizes the top players in the influencer marketing industry.
- Lauren Mahurin, a Client Development Manager based in CJ’s Atlanta office, was the winner of the Affiliate Summit Rising Star award. This award recognizes “bright, ambitious and exceptional talent working in the performance marketing industry."
Day in and day out, CJ’s client teams are committed to driving growth for our clients. We’re proud to have received many industry recognition and awards for our contribution to the industry in 2019:
Cheers to another incredible year! We can’t wait to see what 2020 brings.