We take our relationships with publishers seriously—CJ is committed to listening to, advocating for, and celebrating publisher partners of all shapes and sizes.
We work hard to serve our publishers through innovation and expertise, allowing them to showcase the value they bring to both brands and consumers. We’re constantly focused on developing products and resources to help publishers grow revenue through new technology—accelerating the process of joining the network, partnering with brands, and earning commissions.
What Makes CJ Such a Publisher-Centric Community
Recent developments have focused on helping publishers grow revenue—whether through channel advocacy, building tools for strengthening strategic partnerships, or making improvements to our core platform.
Here are a few ways CJ helps publishers efficiently activate and earn in the CJ network:
- Get set up for success from day one: To help publishers join and activate quickly, we created a new Guided Onboarding process that takes publishers through every step of setting up an account. Once active, publishers access a Nurture Checklist which walks through the steps to find advertisers, join programs, grab links to promote, analyze performance, and learn how to monitor orders, commissions, and twice-monthly payouts.
- Tech that compliments your workflow: Our fan-favorite Deep Link Generator tool allows publishers to generate deep links without having to log into the CJ Account Manager. Exciting updates to this tool went live in 2020, showcasing a new look and feel, mobile access, and more. Deep Link Automation feature enables a simple script to be added to publishers’ sites to monetize all links to advertiser pages. These tools save publishers time and allow them to easily create even more tracking links for advertiser programs.
- Get discovered: Our Recruit Partners tool helps publishers get discovered through filters and “smart” search functionality that allows advertisers to query a variety of data sources with one search input.
- Promote products with ease: Our state-of-the-art Product Search API helps publishers easily enrich site content for the most optimal consumer experience, discover new products that align with promotional style and content, and improve organic search rankings—with standardized data and ultimate flexibility.
- Maximize your opportunities: In 2020, we released new functionality through our Situational Commissioning solution that allows advertisers to define commission rates at the publisher property level—this means that publishers have the potential of earning higher commission rates on different property types, promotional opportunities, or through sub-affiliate partners.
- Showcase your full value: Our partnership with CreatorIQ gives publishers the ability to authenticate their social media handles—pulling audience metrics, audience profiles, and social following directly into the CJ platform for all network advertisers to access, search, and filter in platform.
- Understand your place in the customer journey: Our on-demand Affiliate Customer Journey reporting equips publishers with insight into advertiser-level performance across the purchase funnel. Publishers can evaluate and benchmark performance on a partner-by-partner basis to identify where to take action to deliver more value for their customers and partners, and drive more growth. Sub-affiliate publishers and publishers who own multiple properties can understand each property’s influence and see how customers interact with their properties throughout the path to purchase.
- Tap into expertise: Our tenured global Publisher Development team leads the industry in providing proactive and on-demand support to all network publishers. Working in lockstep with advertiser account teams and directly with publishers, CJ’s Pub Dev experts bring deep expertise in traditional models and specialty verticals, like social shopping and content commerce. Trusted and reliable, they consistently champion publishers’ needs and best interests in the network.
What Publishers Are Saying about CJ
"At American Media, we still actively choose CJ over other affiliate networks when possible and encourage advertiser partners to as well, both those advertisers currently participating in affiliate and those from our AMI digital campaigns looking to get into the field. I'd encourage any publisher to begin their sub-affiliate migration to networks with CJ."
- Kara Kamenec, Sr. Director, Ecommerce, American Media, Inc.
“As an independent publisher, the most important business relationships you can have are with the people who understand both your audience and your content. CJ just gets it. Unlike other impersonal affiliate marketplace platforms, CJ has a keen understanding of our needs as content creators in the digital advertising marketplace. They understand that every piece of content we create for a brand has a hard cost associated with it. And, therefore, they're able to go to bat for us negotiating higher commissions with their brands looking to align with our audience.”
- Brandon Wenerd, Editorial Director & Founding Partner, BroBible